Andrea Dovizioso’s race-suit worn at Indianapolis
The jumpsuit worn by Andrea Dovizioso for the Indianapolis MotoGP on Augyst 10th 2014, autographed by Andrea himself and Valentino Rossi!
During the first laps of the race there was a jostle between Andrea Dovizioso and Valentino Rossi, because he surpassed Andrea a little too aggressively, and the wheel of the bike left a mark on the jumpsuit! Valentino immediately apologized and Andrea passed it off as a simple moment of contact during the race.
His statements following the heated race
“I can’t complain about the first fifteen laps” says the Forli racer “the first six were even exciting I was in front of Vale at some points, although I think that he wasn’t pushing his limits at that time, but I couldn’t overtake him because if I did we would’ve touched, however the Yamaha is able complete better curves. We would’ve touched. No, more like: I would’ve been in him”.
He did it in his place…
"Yes, first I felt a hit on my left knee, then the pressure continued on my thigh, until the point where the wheel reached my shoulder. You can say I kept him on the track, but I don’t want polemics: it was a simple contact during the race. I haven’t spoken to Valentino yet, but Ive been told he apoligized on TV”.
Andrea Dovizioso is auctioning this jersey in support of Bambini Cardiopatici nel Mondo.
Don’t miss the opportunity to bring home this one of a kind item, and help support a good cause!
Find out more about our new shop: complete your purchase by choosing one of these items to showcase your fantastic item. Click here.
Conditions: The successful tenderer will be notified via email and will receive the item within 7 days of funds clearing. You have doubts? Write to email@example.com or call us at 02 49,762,138.
We have given hope to children affected by congenital heart diseases in the world for 18 years
Congenital heart diseases are the most frequent congenital malformations, which are the third cause of death in infancy. In the world, today there are more than 5 million children with heart diseases waiting for an operation. Each year 1 million babies are born affected by congenital heart diseases: 800.000 of these have no chance of survival because they are born in poor countries, without doctors and adequate hospital structures.
For this reason the no profit association “Bambini Cardiopatici nel Mondo” was founded in Milan in 1993. This was the inspiration of a group of physician and Italian voluntary workers, guided by by Prof. Alessandro Frigiola, MD, Head of Cardiac Surgery at the Centre “E. Malan” of Policlinico San Donato, San Donato Milanese, and Prof. Silvia Cirri, MD, Head of Intensive Care Unit of the Sant’Ambrogio Hospital, Milan.
The Association – which is both laic and independent – utilizes the voluntary collaboration of physicians of the most important Italian and foreign cardiac surgery centres leaded by San Donato Hospital Group of Milan, which is the coordinator of the projects organization.
There are more than 100 volunteers – cardiologists, surgeons, anaesthetists, nurses and perfusionists – that leave each year for missions in developing countries to operate and save children affected by congenital heart diseases.
The Association, in partnership with other important humanitarian organizations, and in agreement with the local governments is also involved in projects of cooperation and development in the poorer countries: it has been active for many years in the constitution of efficient paediatric cardiology centres so as to develop a local modern health system and gradually lower the infant mortality rate.
AIMS OF THE ASSOCIATION:
- To assist children affected by congenital heart diseases without any kind of discrimination by sex, nationality or religion.
- To undertake medical missions abroad in countries where an adequate health system is inexistent to visit, treat and operate children affected by congenital heart diseases.
- To train, by means of study grants and specialization, physicians from need countries so that they themselves can become promoters of the local health development.
- To partecipate in construction projects for new specialized centers for the treatment of the congenital pathologies in those countries that need them.
- To furnish medical equipment and technical – scientific material in hospital structures and specialized health centers in the poorer countries.
THE MAIN OBJECTIVES REACHED
- 000 cases of congenital heart disease studied
- 638 cardiac surgery operations carried out
- 263 study grants for foreign physicians (109 cardiac surgeons, 49 cardiologist, 23 anesthetists intensive care specialists, 14 haemodynamic specialists, 6 vascular surgeons, 28 perfusion technicians)
- 241 operative missions
- 61 specialist training courses in Italy and worldwide
- 5 eco-color doppler machines
- 8 complete hospital beds for Intensive Care Unit
- 2 extra-corporeal circulation machines
- various surgical materials (thread for stitches, cannules, valves, etc.)
- Construction of Cardiac Surgery Centers:
- Shisong (Cameroon): officially inaugurated on 19th November 2009
- Damascus (Syria): officially inaugurated on 23th July 2011
- Pristina (Kossovo): under accomplishment
- Donation of 2 Paediatric Intensive Care Units to the Centers of Lima (Peru) and Cairo (Egypt)