Marco Pantani's Yellow Jersey, Tour de France 1998
Take home this yellow jersey, podium version, from Tour de France 1998, for late Italian champion Marco Pantani.
This model had been made for podium session, made to be used over the one worn during the race.
The 1998 Tour de France, the eighty-fifth edition of the race, kicked off on 11 July from Dublin, Ireland, and ended on 2 August with the classic parade on the Champs-Élysées, in Paris.
This was the first and only time Italian cyclist Marco Pantani claimed victory, finishing in 92h 49'46". It was the ninth edition of the French stage race to be won by an Italian rider, the first in thirty-three years.
This triumph also marked Pantani's third and final podium place in the Grande Boucle, after two third places in 1994 and 1997.
- Yellow Tour de France 1998 jersey
- Mercatone Uno-Bianchi Team
- Sponsor Nike
- Replica of race version
The jersey comes in a frame.
The percentage of the proceeds devolved to charity from the sale of this lot will be equally divided among the 20 charities who have subscribed to the CharityStars NPO Premium program.
These charities are:
- Associazione Amici di Sean
- Associazione Bambin Gesù
- Associazione Bianca Garavaglia
- Associazione LaSpes
- Associazione Stelle nello Sport
- Associazione White Mathilda
- DBA Onlus
- Fondazione Cannavaro Ferrara
- Fondazione IEO-CCM
- Fondazione Magnoni
- Associazione Arenbi Onlus
- Fondazione Operation Smile Onlus
- Fondazione Theodora Onlus
- Fondazione Umberto Veronesi
- Global Humanitarian Italia Onlus
- History Life Onlus
- In Campo con il Cuore
- Insieme per Fily Onlus
- Insuperabili Onlus