"Piano Forte" LP by Peter Nero, 1961
"Piano Forte" LP by Peter Nero, 1961.
Vintage record preserved in its original sleeve. This 33 rpm is still in working order. The sleeve displays signs of wear due to its age, an aspect that does not affect its value.
Born in Brooklyn, Bernard Nierow, known as Peter Nero, began playing the piano at the age of seven. He recorded his first album in 1961 and this work led him to winning the 1961 Grammy Awards for best new artist.
He produced over twenty albums in eight years in association with RCA Victor. He later moved to Columbia Records. At 17, he appeared on television playing George Gershwin's Rhapsody in Blue on the Paul Whiteman show.
Record company: RCA Victor.
The percentage of the proceeds devolved to charity from the sale of this lot will be equally divided among the 20 charities who have subscribed to the CharityStars NPO Premium program.
These charities are:
- Associazione Amici di Sean
- Associazione Bambin Gesù
- Associazione Bianca Garavaglia
- Associazione LaSpes
- Associazione Stelle nello Sport
- Associazione White Mathilda
- DBA Onlus
- Fondazione Cannavaro Ferrara
- Fondazione IEO-CCM
- Fondazione Magnoni
- Associazione Arenbi Onlus
- Fondazione Operation Smile Onlus
- Fondazione Theodora Onlus
- Fondazione Umberto Veronesi
- Global Humanitarian Italia Onlus
- History Life Onlus
- In Campo con il Cuore
- Insieme per Fily Onlus
- Insuperabili Onlus