"La Carezza di Pitagora" by Eugenio Carmi
"La Carezza di Pitagora" by Eugenio Carmi - 2009.
- Etching Aquatint on handmade paper
- Dimensions: 29 x 21 cm
- Plate size: 15.5 x 17.5 cm
- Year: 1973/2010
- Print run: 45 copies
- Edition, signature, title and year at the bottom in pencil
Eugenio Carmi was an Italian painter and sculptor. He is considered to have been one of the main exponents of abstractionism in Italy.
In the early 1950s, Carmi abandoned the informal style and adopted a geometric rigor in his works. His works often used factory materials such as welded steel and iron. Between 1958 and 1965 the artist collaborated with the steel company Italsider (later Ilva) and was responsible for its brand image.
In 1963 he founded the collective Galleria del Deposito with Flavio Costantini and Emanuele Luzzati. A close friend of Umberto Eco, he collaborated with him on several projects.
In 1966 Carmi was invited to display his works at the Biennale di Venezia.
The percentage of the proceeds devolved to charity from the sale of this lot will be equally divided among the 20 charities who have subscribed to the CharityStars NPO Premium program.
These charities are:
- Associazione Amici di Sean
- Associazione Bambin Gesù
- Associazione Bianca Garavaglia
- Associazione LaSpes
- Associazione Stelle nello Sport
- Associazione White Mathilda
- DBA Onlus
- Fondazione Cannavaro Ferrara
- Fondazione IEO-CCM
- Fondazione Magnoni
- Associazione Arenbi Onlus
- Fondazione Operation Smile Onlus
- Fondazione Theodora Onlus
- Fondazione Umberto Veronesi
- Global Humanitarian Italia Onlus
- History Life Onlus
- In Campo con il Cuore
- Insieme per Fily Onlus
- Insuperabili Onlus