Ospedale Pediatrico Gaslini
Gaslini is a scientific hospitalization and treatment institute. It began its activity in 1938 as an act of love and solidarity by Senator Gerolamo Gaslini who, in memory of his daughter who died at an early age, set himself the challenge of designing and building a large European pediatric hospital with a strong scientific vocation to ensure best possible care, supported by the most innovative research.
The Gaslini is today a polyclinic ( 20 pavilions covering 73 thousand square meters) with a hospital and scientific vocation at an international level. In the integrated healthcare offer of the Genoese hospital, all pediatric and surgical specialties are present at the highest levels of clinical and scientific skills and practices. The scientific laboratories and affiliated university professorships are also of the highest level - many of which have specific specialization schools and specialization courses.